What Are The Best Reel Mowers? Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
Maybe you have a small yard or patch of grass and don’t need a more powerful mower. Or maybe you want to help protect our environment and don’t mind a little elbow grease when cutting your grass.
You may want to consider a manual reel mower.
Push Best Reel Mower are fairly inexpensive, don’t require any gas to buy or store, require very little maintenance and no batteries to charge.
Best Reel Mower. Reel Mower Reviews
1) American Lawn Mower 1204-14 Push Reel Mower
- Just Best Push Reel Mower Reviews to start – No cords, keys, or buttons to remember
- Easy storage – Just hang it on the wall
- Quiet, engineless, and won’t ever disturb the neighbors
- Large weeds and small twigs get caught up in the blades, and you’ll need to stop mowing and remove them
- Non-adjustable handle
The American Lawn Mower 1204-14 features 8 1/2″ tall impact wheels, a 14″ cutting width, and alloy steel construction.
This exceptionally practical machine weighs just 19 pounds, is great for cutting extremely slender turf strips close by walkways, and cuts every sharp edge definitively (like utilizing scissors).
My pick for the best Reel Mower Reviews!
2) Great States 304-14 Reel Lawn Mower
- Wheel height adjusts to 3 positions
- Five heat-treated blades stay sharp longer
- Quiet and environmentally friendly
- Needs lubrication before each use
- Narrow model, so the number of passes across the yard is increased
The Great States 304-14 features a steel unbreakable side plate, a tempered alloy bed knife blade, and steel reel, cushioned handle grips, a 1/2″ to 1 3/4″ adjustable cutting height, and easy, lightweight maneuverability.
Simple to assemble and use. One of the highest rated by consumers researched.
3) Fiskars StaySharp Max Reel Mower
- Stationary reel and precision-ground blades never make contact
- Eco-friendly mower eliminates the need for electricity or gas
- Special InertiaDrive reel glides through the toughest spots with double the cutting power
- Does not corner well
- Stops if anything other than grass gets in the blades (heavy dead leaves, twigs, etc.)
The Fiskars StaySharp Max Best Reel Mower boasts twice as much cutting power and is 60% easier-to-Best Push Reel Mower than other standard Best Reel Mower.
It has inset wheels that facilitate super-close edging, an adjustable cut height of 1″ to 4″, a 1-touch handle height-adjustment, and a reversible grass chute.
4) Scotts 2000-20 Classic Push Reel Lawn Mower
- Wide 20″ cutting path reduces time needed to mow
- Smooth ball bearings help blades to spin efficiently
- Foam grip loop-style handle
- Lawn will need to be mowed at least twice a week
- Won’t mow tall weeds or any other kind of debris
The Scotts 2000-20 has a cutting height of 1″ to 3″, 5 blades, and a QuickSnap height adjuster with 9 positions.
It features a unique rear-wheel design that improves maneuverability and reduces drag. Add to that easy assembly, a welded reel hood, and strong heat-treated blades.
5) Earthwise 1819-18EW Reel Mower
- No tools required for assembly
- Sports a comfortable cushioned ergonomic handle
- Economical and eco-friendly mower
- Hard to use if grass is too high
- After mowing, you’ll need to either use a blower or rake up all the grass
The Earthwise 1819-18EW has an 18″ cutting width, tempered steel bed knife blade and reel, 6″ rear tracking wheels, durable 10″ composite front wheels, and 5 blade ball-bearings.
It’s lightweight, practically maintenance free, is ready to work anytime you need it, and doesn’t leave behind any residue.
How I Rated The Mowers
To furnish you with the best data, I left no stone and grass edge unturned to give you an incredible rundown of decisions for Best Reel Lawn Mower.
I read many reviews from everywhere on the Web – from Amazon, eBay, Home Stop, Lowes, and so on – in addition to the maker’s pages for Fiskars, Incredible States, American Lawn Mower, Earthwise, and Scotts.
Later completely perusing both the positive and the negative reviews, I picked 5 Best Push Reel Mower Best Reel Mower that among the best in the field.
Once the Best Reel Mower were selected, I considered each model individually.
- What are its pros and cons?
- What are its average ratings from customers?
- How reliable is this mower?
- Does it come with a warranty?
- Are there any unique features displayed by this mower?
- How much does it cost, and does its special features and performance rate a higher price tag?
You may also like to read about Best Lawn Edger.
It’s important to buy a product with a warranty. All of the mowers I choose have at least a 1 year warranty, some even longer.
A necessary feature of any good mower – the mowers I picked have adjustments ranging from .5″ to 4″.
Best Reel Lawn Mower Reviews are accessible in various widths which range from 14″ to 20″. The more extensive your Best Reel Mower is, the quicker it will cut. A 14″ mower will cut your lawn multiple times more slow than a 20″ mower.
Quality Of Cut
A few variables might influence the nature of cut, including elasticity of the turf, over the top cover, or then again assuming that the client attempts to remove an unnecessary measure of grass stature at one time.
The lower the cut height, the more probable that you might experience some of the following factors that might affect the quality of cut:
- Reel or traction speed or cutting unit drop-speed
- Tire pressure or engine governed speed
- Reel sharpness and bed knife angle and sharpness
- Cutting unit down-pressure setting or counterbalance
- Height of the cut
Ease Of Use
A Best Reel Mower does not only have superior cutting ability; it is very easy to use.
It starts up whenever you do – no rope to pull, no cord to plug in, no oil or gas to worry about, and no idle to adjust.
A Best Reel Mower is lightweight (usually weighing between 19-35 pounds) and is a snap to push or store.
Why Buy A Reel Lawn Mower?
Best Reel Lawn Mower Reviews have many fans – eco-accommodating hippies, those individuals who love work out, conservative customers, and those individuals who disdain clamor or potentially the smell of fuel.
There are many reasons to purchase a real lawn mower:
- Economic –You can purchase a high quality reel mower for around $60-$150 – relying upon the elements you need.
- Predominant cutting ability –A reel mower gives an even, well put together which seals grass edges to keep out any sickness creatures and holds in dampness simultaneously.
- Yields regular mulch –A reel mower scatters clippings through a fine shower that breaks down rapidly (no bunching is involved). The clippings can be left securely on the lawn, and give normal compost.
- Safety –Reel mowers don’t toss out garbage or rocks. They start when you start and stop when you stop.
- Requests to many sorts of users –female, male, rural, metropolitan, old, youthful, all pay levels, practice aficionados and any individual who is ecologically mindful.
- Nostalgia –Reel mowers bring back recollections of times that were easier.
- Fitness –A reel mower consumes similar measure of calories each hour as downhill skiing, tennis, or low effect heart stimulating exercise (roughly 400-450 calories)
- Low-cost, dependable mowers with very few maintenance costs.
- Pollution-free – No gas, no engine, no tune-ups, so it won’t be degrading the air quality.
- Quiet and safe – You don’t need to worry about waking up the neighbors early in the morning.
- Low maintenance – No spark plugs to replace, no filter that needs cleaning, no oil that needs to be checked or replaced.
- Lightweight alloys and plastics have decreased the weight of these mowers considerably.
- Reel mowers start up every single time!
- A reel mower is better for the health of the grass, unlike rotary mowers which rip off the tips of grass blades and makes them more exposed to diseases. Your reel mower will snip the grass tips and leave healthy trimmings to turn into mulch in the yard.
- Reel mowers cut shorter and don’t disturb the surface of the soil, and your lawn will be much less welcoming for weeds to grow.
- Reel lawn mowers are more maneuverable than power lawnmowers.
- It’s more aesthetically pleasing to use a Reel Lawn Mower Reviews. The smell of fresh cut grass (without oil fumes and gas smells mixed in) can be pleasantly intoxicating. It’s so quiet that you will still be able to hear the kids playing or the birds singing.
- If you have a lot of trees and twigs in your yard, this mower might not be for you. You’ll have to rake and pick up twigs before mowing.
- Although many of the newer models are more lightweight, they will still give you and your muscles a good workout.
- This machine is human-powered, and not the best choice for people with energy or strength deficits or other disabilities.
- Most reel lawn mowers will need to have their blades sharpened about once a season – but that is true of any mower.
- Rocks can frequently chip mower blades.
- Uneven ground can be difficult for a reel mower.
- You’ll need to trim around sidewalks more if you have a reel mower since they’re set lower to the ground and won’t go over stone paths or sidewalk edges like power mowers can.
Difference Between Cheap And Expensive Models
As with most products, the more you spend, the more features you will get. The same holds true with reel mowers. Less expensive models generally have cheaper components.
Although my top choice is also one of the cheapest on the market. It is a GREAT product but doesn’t have many extra features.
In my opinion, owners of reel mowers, just want something simple that works well with little maintaince. If you need more features, you may want to step up to a self propelled mower.
Best Selling & Top Rated Models
- American Lawn Mower
- Great States
- Sun Joe
How Much Should I Expect To Pay?
The mowers below are normally priced between $50 and $200. It’s hard to get a better cut to price value than with a reel mower.
After extensive research and reading hundreds of reviews, I choose the American Lawn Mower 1204-14 as the best reel lawn mower for most people.
American Lawn Mower Company 1204-14 14-Inch 4-Blade Push Reel Lawn Mower, Red
It is priced very competitively, very easy to use and maintain and has thousands of
It’s powerful, fast, and maneuverable, and perhaps best of all – its blades will only require sharpening every five to ten years!
Keep sharing this with your Friends and Family.